Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Green Pepper Press Street Team Crusade No. 8





I have been pondering this crusade since the day Michelle Ward posted the topic. Basically you are to share your cheap tools, ideas, etc. - things you use in your art that are inexpensive.
My friend dropped off a bunch of goodies yesterday. She shops a lot and I get her overfill. Totally lovin' that. She's a makeup fanatic. I believe these flip flops were a gift with purchase at the Lancome counter. So they were cheap for her and free for me!

Taylor has been playing with them since she dropped them off and I just had a lightbulb moment tonight--perfect timing as the crusade ends tomorrow. The sole of the flip flop has a brick pattern. Perfect! Great for stamping. The top has some type of weave pattern. Soooooo............you get double your fun with one pair in this case! I stamped the bottom and top of the scallop with the sole of the flip flop.



I also used the cap of an Alene's tacky glue bottle to stamp the circles around the edge of the scallop. I then filled in the circles with a silver paint pen. Bird is Character Constructions and the little bird quote is Michelle Ward for Stampington Bird Sanctuary set.
Fun crusade Michelle. Keep em' coming.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle - just under the wire girl! Glad to have you join in AND offer such a clever and cheap trick. You'll have everyone scurrying off to wal-mart to buy flip flips for a dollar. At least I will be because my treads are worn off the current pair. Hey, wonder what the pattern is under the other shoes I have. Hmmmmmm.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I love your artwork here and what a cool idea! Not much call for wearing flip flops in Scotland, so nice to find an alternative use. I'll look at the soles of my other shoes too!

carlene federer said...

Wow, what a fun and clever idea...checking to see what's on the bottom of my flip flops (besides gum, lol!) right now!

johanna said...

what a cool idea!!

Tracy said...

well aren't you stinkin clever! most most cool!

Penny Rabbit said...

Wow, what a very clever idea! Love it! I will be checking out the racks of flip flops each time I hit the store!

x said...

A very clever and great idea and a fab card you made. ;) Thanks for sharing. ;)

Donna Layton said...

This is wonderful! I never think creatively anymore. I swear I really need to do challenges like this. Course I'd probably just sit in my artroom and stare in dazed confusion.