Sunday, December 14, 2008

Purple Onion Designs Gift Wrap Challenge


Michele over at Purple Onion Designs is hosting a gift wrap challenge on her blog. I believe it ends tonight. I had a gift to wrap so I thought what the heck?! I'll play a little. There are so many layers here.
First off, the actual paper is a recycled a brown bag from my LSS. I saved all of them and used Glimmer Screens and Glimmer Mists to make shiny sparkly paper. There's a lot of bling on the package that unfortunately doesn't photograph well in the night light. Bummer cuz it really shines.
I had the tag base already made. Basically it's spritzed with water and crumpled for a nice aged effect. Then it's sprayed with walnut ink and Glimmer Mist on top of that. Like I said--many layers. I then used the merriness set from POD to stamp the lights and stars on the tag. I used my Nestabilites Labels One die set to cut the base for the snowman scene. I smeared some distress inks on my non-stick craft sheet, spritzed with water and picked up the ink with the white cardstock. I wanted it to be a little mottled. I heated it with my heat gun because I can't possibly wait for something to dry. Stamped the snowman in Memories black ink. The snowman's scarf is colored with Copic markers. I stamped the snowflakes from the merriness set in Brilliance platinum. That little tree is Tim Holtz grungeboard painted with Fired Brick crackle paint also from his line. I added some ornaments with adhesive rhinestones. I edged the tag with a couple different colors of distress ink. And then.........
came the Stickles. I edged the snowman and the entire tag by hand. Dot by dot. Then I attached the tag to the package and thought, "hmmmmm, this needs something." Edged the border in a couple different color inks and then I realized the entire package needed glitter. So dot by dot I finished.
This goes to Mark's boss next week. They stiffed her last year so I figure she's worth it. She's a great boss and a very nice person.
Think she'll know he didn't wrap it?!

5 comments:

Babsarella said...

WONDERFUL!!! Love how this came out!! I think Mark's boss will be thrilled!!

Michele said...

It came out great!

Kerilou said...

Wow, Michelle, this is amazing!! I hope she really appreciates the work, before she opens it!! Just gorgeous!! You need to submit this!
Keri

jen duncan said...

Wow, when I enlarged the pic I saw so many layers and details I thought,"the woman won't want to open this!" Super groovy, Michelle!

Sue McGettigan said...

Wow Michelle, that's fabulous!! LOL about the stickles dots, you're so my people :)