Friday, October 19, 2007

pumpkin patch 2007











































Nothing screams fall like a trip to the pumpkin patch. I love this time of year. The changing of each season is pretty cool but fall is just full of the most beautiful colors. Mark's work sponsors this little trip each year to Simmon's Farm. I think that's pretty cool too. I'm a week late posting this but better late than never.
To some this is a simple fun day at the pumpkin patch. To us - well - it was a great success. There are several sensory issues presented at the patch. Walking on uneven ground, the shaky hayride, the corn all the kids were playing in to name a few. Taylor did fantastic. The corn the kids were playing in was just plain gross and dirty so I don't blame her for not wanting in that mess. The ride out to the patch was just fine--held her close and she did okay. The ride back she cried but I found it a bit rough and fast myself. She walked on the uneven ground in the corn maze holding Daddy's hand and was just a champ! We also had the advantage of our ABA therapist friend going with us. She is just at the top of my list of favorite people right now. Without her I would have no idea how to help my child. I just love her and her son. Great people I tell ya.
We came home and Taylor was ready for a nap. I was rocking her and I stared straight into those gorgeous brown eyes and told her how proud I was of her and what a great job she did that morning. I was presented with a huge toothy grin. Without a doubt she knew exactly what I said that afternoon. Priceless.









7 comments:

Meredith said...

Sounds like fun! For some reason the last part of that post brought a tear to my eye. I love those quiet mother/child moments.

Jodi Peary said...

Very sweet. jodi
wildvines.blogspot.com

Kris H said...

Great Photos!! What a fun day. So glad to hear it was such a wonderful day for you.

Sue McGettigan said...

What a lovely outing - Taylor is looking so grown up Michelle, a real little lady now :)

Jennifer Beth said...

What a great Fall Adventure! The pictures are great.

Babsarella said...

Love the great photos!!!

Kerilou said...

So glad you had a good time! Cody is a bit old for these excursions now! I loved all the photos, too! Sounds like Taylor did very well! I am so happy that things are going well for you! Keri
Those crows are a hoot!