Sunday, September 21, 2008

first Halloween card


First Halloween card of the season. I love creating cards for this holiday for some reason. I don't always get them in the mail but I love putting them together. Stamp is Purple Onion Designs and owl sticker is Martha Stewart (I got a deal. I refuse to pay $6 for 2 sheets of her stickers- ridiculous). Eyes are colored in with Acid Yellow Copic marker.
Taylor has not been doing that great in preschool. We made the decision to take her out for now and put her in the 2 year old program. There are some 3 year olds that are in there for potty training and separation anxiety issues so it's not like she won't get contact with kids her age. Problem is it only meets once/week. I'll have to put her back in music and Little Gym for socialization. We were getting better socially and now she doesn't want ANYTHING to do with kids. Oh well, this too shall pass. She also has extreme separation anxiety. My husband and I are going on a vacation next week (good luck Mom) and we'll have some decisions to make once we get back and lots of red tape to think about.
Parenting is the hardest job. You have a tendency to beat yourself up over certain decisions, etc. Best you can do is just roll with it and do your best and not give a shit what society thinks. Rules and expectations are so overrated. We are going to live our lives exactly the way we see fit. I'm happier already just thinking about it!

10 comments:

Annie said...

Wonderful Halloween card. I love Halloween cards. I make some, just never get around to sending.

Hugs
Annie

jen duncan said...

Hi Michelle- Great card. Love what Michele's been doing with her stamps! I don't have enough time for my fabric these days, let alone stamps. :-(
You know, Caleb has always been behind all the other kids...last one to go on the pot, last one to learn how to ride a bike, only one not reading in first grade last year (til I got involved), probably the only one in 2nd grade now who can't tie his own shoes. But he is as sweet as the day is long, and can beat anyone his age at sports. I figure it'll all come to him in his own time and these kids all shake out pretty much the same by the time they're 18, you know? Just love her for who she is and it'll always be good.
xo, jen

Loudlife said...

Hi Michelle -

Thanks for swinging by my blog! If you get a chance, stop by again. I'm having a give-away contest to commemorate my 100th post.

I'm sorry Taylor is having a hard time in school. Rexy is in the special ed preschool at our public school and it is great. Do you have that in your city? I don't know what we would have done without it, they have a list of Rexy's developmental goals and really work on her specific issues. We just couldn't get the money together for private pre-school. We were really hoping to do both this year. We're going to reassess the situation after the holidays.

It was a little difficult the first week. She kept saying she didn't feel good - a ploy I only fell for once! She's starting to come back around to socializing, sort of. She doesn't go hide in the book corner anymore - a major victory. She did get into a little fight - very mild arguing - with a kid at the playground. I must have looked like a crazy person, I was so proud of her fighting with him!

I do feel like the lucky one. I feel like each little milestone is such a gift and we don't take a single one for granted.

Have a great day,
Laurie

Kerilou said...

What a very cute card! You just have to do what is right for Taylor, and to heck with what everyone else thinks. It has worked well this far, right?? hugs, keri

Lisa Renéa said...

Love how you've colored the eyes of the owl sticker. Very cool card!
Hope You & Mark had a blast on vacation!

Sue McGettigan said...

You've called it Michelle - just do your best. We do beat ourselves up over decisions and the truth is you do the best for T every time you try to take her into consideration - sometimes you take one step forward and two steps back, that's just life in all it's glory, then you move forward again, no problemo. Jen nailed it, just love her, keep being her best advocate, you can't go wrong. Very fun cards, glad to see you're sqeezing some creative time in too. As for separation anxiety, yeah, they do that, T will be fine, and so will you. Take the vacation.

Sue McGettigan said...

Oh heck, you know it's 'squeezing' with a 'u' right? What part of my brain only edits after I hit the 'submit' button?? :)

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, very good piece

Anonymous said...

The theme is interesting, I will take part in discussion.

hermes birkin said...

I bookmarked it to my bookmark website listing and will be checking back soon.