Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Good afternoon at playyard

There weren't many kids at the playyard today. It was calm and Taylor actually climbed on the slide. She also let another girl about 4 years old come up to her and Taylor muttered some sort of jargon to her but it was intentional. It was initiated by my kid. Maybe I'm just grasping but it felt good. It is a little hope. I'll be taking her around kids constantly now. I have to make sure part of the social backwardness isn't just a product of limited exposure to kids. The last time we were there it was wild. Maybe she is just overwhelmed by wild kids?? Please let that be the case.

Maybe we have a big speech delay coupled with a very shy kid? She has always had stranger anxiety. We have been working with her like two nutcases.

Regardless-----we are prepared to take this on no matter what it is. We are stronger than we've ever been.

This blog will be full of crazy thoughts and many ups and downs. Fair warning. I'll be grasping at every little thing too. I need hope.

ONe last thought----all you parents out there that let your kids watch the Wiggles. Well, watch out for all that hand flapping. Kinda makes you wonder if your kid is imitating or actually has a symptom. I'm just sayin'...... We no longer watch the Wiggles in this house. We no longer watch much TV of any type when Taylor is awake.

No comments: