Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A little funny and turning a corner

I thought this blog could use a little humor--hence the layout. lol. She's a doll!

We have turned a corner in this house. The "it's okay" corner. If Taylor is simply a bit behind or if she gets diagnosed with something else it's okay. It's life. We are implementing ABA therapy in this house NOW under the guidance of an angel who shall remain nameless. Honestly---it's kinda fun. We had the best time this morning. They'll be trying times but the good times are great. She is so funny and sweet and laughs like crazy sometimes. She has been sick for a few days too. She has had a fever and now has a red rash all over her body. Measles (surely not), Fifth Disease, who knows so we are in the house for a few days. It's some childhood funk. So--Amanda--if you are reading this thanks for the playdate invite but we'll have to pass. I don't think the other mothers would appreciate our attending and spreading disease. lol.

Thanks to friends and family who are so concerned about us. We are doing fine now. The initial shock of 'you need to get your kid evaluated. she's behind' is over and we are back to life. It's a short life and we will live it the best we know how. Love you all.

8 comments:

Tracy said...

wonderful layout and
i'm so happy you went around that corner sweetie. its a good place to be :-)

Anonymous said...

So glad to read this and that things are better. That layout is just too adorable :o)

The Huge Spectrum said...

Penelope had the red bumps after a fever once. I forget what my mother called it. The Dr. said it is normal and just part of coarse. it looks worse than it really is. I was ready to kill my mom for not calling when she watched her for the night and returned her with crazy red spots all over her body.
I will keep you posted on more Play groups. I think you and Taylor would enjoy the fun.

Linda M said...

Darling layout. I'm glad you're feeling better. I've been praying for you.

Babsarella said...

Great layout!! So cute...Glad you are doing better with all that is going on. Keeping you in my prayers and sending long distance hugs! I think I remember something about fifths back in the day...although I can't remember what all the symptoms are...gettin too old (me).

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you sounding a little better. You and Mark, and Miss T are still in my prayers. That LO is adorable!!! Just keep hanging in there!!!!
Candy

Sue McGettigan said...

Cute layout Michelle - glad to hear things are feeling a bit better today (apart from rashes!).

Lisa Renéa said...

Great layout, i love the edges! Always such a treat to see her precious photo!