Monday, December 04, 2006

Somethings and Nothings

I've been thinking a lot lately -- maybe too much -- maybe it's the holidays and all.

I wanna talk about something that's been really eating at me. In many of my recent conversations it seems as if the issue of MONEY is always popping up and not in a good way.

I've been on both ends of this money spectrum. I've had virtually nothing (by some people's definition anyway) and I am fortunate enough at this point in my life to have something.

Seems as if someone always has some sort of judgement to make based on somethings or nothings. So when I had nothing was I just worthless? Now that I have something am I a snob?

I think this world better "check itself before it wrecks itself" as my husband would say. All this something and nothing BS is just giving me a giant headache. Maybe we should all try a little kindness and a lot less judgement. Peace.

3 comments:

Babsarella said...

Well said!

Tracy said...

some people are always gonna find something - kwim? i hope you're feeling a bit better today miss :-) don't let some unpleasant people get you down.

Sue McGettigan said...

Amen to that sista!