Monday, June 18, 2007

i need me some change



Ok--I need some change around here.

Let's start off with weight. Dear God---here we go back to Weight Watchers AGAIN. Saturday morning will now be spent sitting in meetings but what else am I gonna do? This can't go on. I'm so down about the whole overweight issue and my muscles ache in the mornings. I'm convinced it's due to fat. :( It's not like I'm a million pounds but my frame isn't meant for this! I can't function like this and it will directly affect my child if I don't do something now. That bothers me the most. I'm also a nurse who stands all day. Granted--I don't work a lot of days but I can feel the effects of carrying extra pounds after beating on my feet and knees all day on a cement floor. I can't take it ANYMORE.


Next off is clutter. I'm ready to throw things away again. I love to get in that mood. No hoarding of junk. Just a garbage bag and me. I'll be doing this over the next month or so. I find that it clears my head. lol. Maybe I'm nutso but I can't take the build-up of excess shit around here. It clouds my entire being. I'm not a neat fanatic but stuff is building up and I need clarity.


Ok---that's enough for a Monday morning.

Oh, and a little art for ya. Made this for my friend Jen. She spends a lot of time with her grandson and this stamp just fits. I'd have to say this particular stamp is one of my current favorites. It's from Stampscapes. I was in a stamp store quite a while ago and this little stamp just popped out from everything around it and shouted, "buy me!"

Happy belated Father's Day to all you Dads out there. Mark is a great Dad. He won't see this cuz he's a busy computer guy but he deserves a little credit so I thought I'd throw it out here on an off chance he catches a line or so. Great Dads invent games like Blanket (this involves Mark sitting on the floor with many pillows/blanket and Taylor running full force from far away and diving into the fray--she's a toughie). Great Dads work hard to provide a safe neighborhood for their families. Great Dads hug and kiss their kids. Mark is a great Dad.

Later.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

i understand about the weight - sounds like you're determined! you go girl! and i get the decluttering - same here - not a neat freak but when i get things in order and throw out dopey junk i feel so much better

Babsarella said...

Good luck on all your goals!!! Great card too!!! Oh, and Happy Father's Day to Mark!!

Anonymous said...

I read a quote recently that went "Only have things in your home that are beautiful or of use." Dang I wish I would stick to that! Good luck on the weight loss. You can if you think you can! LOVE my card sweetie. ;-) thanks so much.
jen duncan (dot typepad dot com)

tina said...

We're on the same wave-length with the weight- I'm also back to weight watchers AGAIN! I love the card- that is a great stamp, I'm really into the silhouette (sp??) stamps at the moment- they just seem to go with everything.