Thursday, September 27, 2007

card and my state of mind

Stamps are Character Constructions, pp is DaisyDs, stickers are Martha Stewart and Making Memories.

I am so all over the place with my emotions. I love Taylor so much and all this uncertainty is so tough. I wish our Children's Hospital evaluation was before November. It is sort of looming over my head. I guess I need that to move on to a real acceptance phase of whatever label they give her. Not an acceptance of her (she'll always be the love of my life) but an acceptance of a different life. An acceptance of different obstacles to overcome. An acceptance of what life has dealt. I feel stuck on an emotional roller coaster---a ride that seems to never end. I need some sort of final word- so to speak. The label won't change a thing but it will give my head something to wrap around, some way to move forward instead of just wondering all the time.

I just wanna know if there's gonna be ONE night I don't think to myself as I close my eyes to go to sleep----- what in the world will happen to her when I die? if she only improves to a certain extent who will take care of her and love her like I do?

Like I said---emotional roller coaster.

3 comments:

Babsarella said...

Michelle, Love the FANTASTIC card!!! Great combination of stamps! Don't beat yourself up just yet...Until you get a full evaluation and until she is a bit older, you have no idea of her potential. I know how scary this can be (I have a niece with many challenges), but luckily you have a lot of family support, and that is terrific. If you ever need to talk, just give me a holler!!! Keeping you in my prayers and sending big hugs.

Kerilou said...

I completely understand from what you have said about having a definite "word". It is human to want to think ahead and plan in advance. You are human, and you are doing your very best. The not knowing is the worst, and I pray that the time between now and then you will have peace of mind and feel some calmness all around you. Is there some type of cancellation list you can be put on and bumped if something opens up sooner? Keri

Sue McGettigan said...

Aw Michelle major ((((hugs)))) to you! Don't second guess yourself, wait for the eval, see what they say. I've worked with special needs and profoundly handicapped kids/young adults and I can tell you they exceed expectations on a regular basis - and there are always people who dedicate their lives to educating, working with and assisting special needs members of the community at all ages - things are going to be better than fine. Don't get hung up on tomorrow, just enjoy today for what it is and the blessings it brings.

Your card, by the way, is just gorgeous! Keep up the art therapy - that's a gift you give yourself in the middle of all this.