Sunday, September 02, 2007

Quick update

The hearing test determined Taylor is able to hear normal speech sounds. Couldn't really complete the entire thing because she was crying and afraid of the room. Honestly I thought it was a little closed-in and dark myself. We were there for 2 hours. lol. The lady kept trying but Taylor didn't want to have much to do with the whole procedure. She wouldn't keep the plug in her ear for the computer to test her hearing. Basically there are 3 ways they can test for hearing deficit---her turning her head towards sounds in a soundproof room, the earplug connected to the computer, and testing under general anesthesia. I saw her head turn enough times to be satisfied with the results and confident that she is hearing. Anesthesia would just be ridiculous. The lady was also very confident that she is hearing normal speech sounds.

We have had the BEST weekend. We went out to dinner twice with Taylor and she did SOOOO well. She sat on my lap the entire time but who cares. She actually enjoyed herself. And----for the BIG BIG news------Taylor went down the slide 4 times and kinda enjoyed that too. She also sat on my lap and let me swing her for a brief moment. She is babbling more too. We work with her every day and I am seeing a big difference. :)

Mark took me to the Waterfront for an early birthday. We ate at Rock Bottom and went next door to see the dueling pianos at Sing Sing. We had a great time. Just the 2 of us. The piano players were very entertaining and I would highly recommend it. Fun stuff. We needed it.

Early Intervention comes next week to fill out paperwork and our ABA therapy gal comes also. She's gonna be so proud of Miss T!

3 comments:

jen duncan said...

Things are sounding good Michelle! So happy to hear it.

Babsarella said...

So glad things are going better...I look forward to hearing more!!!

Linda M said...

Great news! Hopefully she just has delayed speech. One of my friend's sons wasn't speaking and started speech therapy, etc. When he finally started talking about age 3, it was in full sentences.

Happy Birthday!