Monday, September 10, 2007

Results

Early Intervention came today. It was tough.

Scores (keep in mind she is 25 months old chronologically):

Cognitive (thinking, problem solving, play skills)----8 months
Communication (understanding and expressing needs and wants)--receptive 15-16 mos.
expressive 14 mos.
Social or Emotional(engaging others and interacting)--18 months
Physical(large and small muscle development)---gross 17 mos. , fine 15-16 mos.
Adaptive (self-help such as feeding/dressing/etc) -- 14 months


Well, there ya have it. Had we not had help from our friend in teaching her how to point and respond to her name she would've scored lower.

Was strong and okay with those results till afternoon and then I felt it REALLY hit me. Life will be lots of therapy for quite a while and lots of hoping and praying for progress. I'll apologize up front for not wanting visitors and not visiting or making return phone calls. I don't have the energy today to call my own mother. Some days I just can't think or talk about it for another second and I can just deal with getting through what I need to get done on a daily basis. I have to teach her what I can with what skills I've been taught by a very generous soul and it takes time and persistence. Sometimes what the system provides is just not enough. I have to get it together. There are so many more people out there having an even tougher time. Feels selfish to actually type out some of these feelings but they are real and they hurt a lot.

One evalution down----3 more to go this week and one next week. One day at a time. Let's make this blog realistic----today just totally sucked. Sucked, sucked, sucked.

Tomorrow is another day.

4 comments:

Lisa Renéa said...

Michelle, keeping your family in thoughts and prayers.

Babsarella said...

I'll also be keeping you all in my prayers. I think that your early intervention has got to make a lot of difference in T's life, and can only keep you moving in the right direction. I know how hard this must be. Sending big hugs your way.

Kris H said...

Hang in there Michelle...you'll make it. You are lucky you have the support and help that you are getting. Be thankful for that, and for that happy young girl of yours.

Sue McGettigan said...

Hang in there Michelle, I hear ya about not answering the phone or returning calls, I had to do that when my DH was very ill, still not my favourite thing to do as it happens. Keeping you and yours in my prayers :)