Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Speech eval at Children's Therapy Center today

The therapist scored her around 8-12 months on receptive language and somewhere between 12-14 months expressive. I think that was it. We talked about so much I had to ask twice but they will send me a full report within a couple weeks. We will go there twice a week for speech therapy and I'm guessing Early Intervention will want to do speech once or twice a week in the home plus another person will come through their agency (forget the title but they are like a catch-all to sort of help you with a little of everything). The speech therapist at Children's Therapy Center seemed to think the occupational therapist will probably recommend OT twice a week also. We are lookin' at 4 days/week of various therapies and I'll work one day. I'm trying really hard to keep my job. Oh, we'll have to fit ABA therapy in there also. So, another afternoon plus any of our free time will be taken up by ABA.

Taylor took a tantrum in the middle of the eval today and started some of her hand motions. Wasn't too bad. A couple months ago she'd have screamed the entire time just being in the room with a couple strangers.

In case you are confused between Early Intervention and Children's Therapy Center- it's easy. Early Intervention is home-based and free through the county or state--one of those. Children' Therapy Center is an outpatient service of The Washington Hospital. Not free so let's hope we get that medical card. The paperwork was all in as of Friday.

Our ABA gal comes tomorrow and we have a physical therapy evaluation at CTC on Thursday. We have a planning meeting with Early Intervention next Friday to determine exactly what they want to do but my guess is what I listed above. We briefly touched on what they would want during the eval yesterday but the "formal" meeting is next Fri.

Met a couple Moms in the waiting room today. They are surviving and so will we. Taylor was surprisingly at ease with the children in the waiting room. :)

3 comments:

Babsarella said...

Lots going on, and I am sure hard to take it all in at once. You will get through it and I'm sure in a short while will have it all under control (terms, scheduling, etc). Keeping you in my prayers..I'm here if you ever want to talk!!! Sending big hugs too!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey baby, just wanted to say you are doing great with our daughter. I know it's hard but I can't think of a better person for the job. By the way, the site looks great. The colors you chose are perfect.

Love your husband, Mark